Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Representative (Thailand) will be stationed in Bangkok and be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the Thai office. He/ She is expected to work closely with the Singapore Head Office to facilitate ongoing business activities and report on market intelligence and share recommendations.
- Work closely with the Head Office Management and Department Heads to share on-the-ground and business-critical information, such as compliance matters, market insights, leads and recommendations.
- Relay contact information of customers and/ or suppliers who are interested in doing business with the Head Office
- Help to source for precious metals scraps as required by Head Office
- Check and control quality and quantity of scrap materials to be purchased in Thailand.
- Research and present business trends in Thailand, in relevance to the economic situation, related investments, marketing and demand for services in relevant market segments in Thailand
- Manage and oversee administration of the Representative Office
- Any other non-trading activities as designated by the Management.
- Minimum Degree in any field, preferably business related.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in English and Thai, written and spoken.
- Possess working knowledge of Thailand statutory law and regulations, in particular tax and export related.
- Knowledge in MS Applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and convey information on a timely basis.