- Permanent, Full Time
- Senior Executive
Roles & Responsibilities
The Country Manager is responsible for management of the day- to-day operations of the Malaysia Operations. The position involves working with the Managing Director and Financial Controller and business managers on all aspects of the operation to ensure the efficient an effective operation of the Company in Malaysia.
Primary Job Duties
- Set-up, Oversees and manage the day-to-day operation of all local business functions.
- Ensure compliance with company standards including costing of proposals.
- Manage and maintain Licensing and governmental relationships
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the Catalytic Converters and other precious metals recycling business to identify
profitable business opportunities.
- Coordinate with Business Units to develop sales strategies to improve and drive company’s marketing and sales performance in sales lead generation for Catalytic Converters and other precious metals.
- Identify and recommend new market segments or niches in the recycling of precious metals that is in tandem with the Company’s growth strategy
- Drive the business with full P&L responsibility.
- Develop forecasting plan and set budget to meet the business goals.
- Conduct research on emerging trends, recommend and execute new business development initiatives to drive
- Monitor Competitor Information.
- Drive initiative to develop Malaysia’s production and sampling capabilities.
- Work with regional Business Development team to develop effective sales strategy and ensure compliance with Company objectives.
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders like suppliers and inter-departments.
- Resolving all operational issues together with the departments involved.
- Develop all operational processes and policies to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
- Driving innovation, and continuous improvement in support of company opportunities.
- Build up the Malaysia team operations which includes the following:
- Oversee employee hiring, mentoring, coaching and management of employees according to existing Company’s structure.
- Work with department heads to set, implement and monitor objectives and strategies to meet the strategic direction of the company.
- Conduct regular reviews for all departments to ensure all targets are being met.
- To explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in similar role and manufacturing industry.
- Strong English and mandarin (written and spoken) is essential to liaise with Chinese counterpart.
- Willing to travel.
- Working Location: Malaysia
- Proficient on computer programs needed for position such as: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fast learner.
- Experience in the recycling and waste management industry is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills for program costing, budget development and strategic planning.
- Leadership management experience is essential.
- Possess the professional acumen to represent the Company in attending external meetings.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.