Business Development Manager
- Permanent, Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
Business Development Director
The Business Development Manager shall be responsible for developing and driving the Company’s new business ventures in base and/or precious metals trade and recycling, which includes:
- Identify and recommend new market segments or niches in the recycling of base and precious metals bearing scrap that is in tandem with the Company’s growth strategy.
- Drive business ventures of e-waste and other precious metal laden scrap recycling through medias including but not limited to trade shows, online media, formal and informal networking sessions.
- Develop comprehensive business development plans for precious metals laden waste recycling and assist in the identification of new markets and product segments.
- Develop and implement these strategies / tactics to drive the Company’s expansion into these new business segments.
- Ensure that businesses brought in remains profitable after the deductions of all fixed and variable business costing.
- Work with marketing team to create greater brand awareness for the Company as well as sales leads generation and marketing strategies for precious metals recycling.
- Regularly update the Company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with accurate information about suppliers and leads.
- Assist with ad-hoc responsibilities specific to this position that is crucial to the Company or its Directors.
- Assist in the sales of precious metal laden scrap.
- Assist in the compliance to local environmental laws in countries we operate in and drive all permit application whenever applicable.
Secondary Job Duties
- Driving debt recoveries from clients / vendors who failed to make payment within the credit terms.
- Provide team members with suggestions relating to market and business development.
- Any other ad-hoc duties related to the Company’s business activities and related to the role.
- At least Post-graduate Diploma but we are willing to consider candidates with proven track record and good references from customers and former employer.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with similar capacity or adjacent industries such as recycling.
- Proven track record of success the sales cycle from plan to close.
- Willingness to travel overseas.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin to ensure seamless communication with colleagues in our Chinese counterparts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Tenacity to succeed and goal driven.