Business Development Director (Electronic Waste Recycling Division)
- 2.8 PENJURU TECH HUB, 8 PENJURU PLACE 608780
- Permanent, Full Time
- Fresh/entry level
- 8 Years of Experience
- Application Closing Date : 28/01/2021
Roles & Responsibilities
The Business Development Director shall be in-charge of developing and driving the Company’s new business ventures into base and/or precious metal recycling. (E-scrap)
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the E-scrap precious metals recycling business to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Identify our business strengths and develop and implement business strategies to leverage on existing strengths with improvements to build up the business.
- Coordinate with marketing corporate team to develop sales strategies to improve and drive company’s marketing and sales performance in sales lead generation.
- Identify and recommend new market segments or niches in the recycling of E-scrap that is in tandem with the Company’s growth strategy
- Drive the business with full P&L responsibility.
- Develop forecasting plan and set budget to meet the business goals.
- Conduct research on emerging trends, recommend and execute new business development initiatives to drive business growth.
- Monitor costs, competition, supply and demand including relevant sales and marketing data to identify selling and purchase prices.
- Drive initiative to develop company’s E-scrap production and sampling capabilities.
- Manage the team; develop, review and evaluate business goals and objectives.
- Define performance metrics, monitor progress, and ensure that staff meets all the performance requirements.
- Lead and direct marketing efforts to increase the organization’s visibility brand recognition.
- Build sustainable and professional relationships with customers, suppliers, refineries and local authorities.
- Represent and promote the product offerings and interests of the company via external meetings, formal presentations, and keep a record of all meeting notes.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned customers.
- Conduct negotiations with industry partners and management to determine contract terms to ensure profitability
- Organize weekly team meeting to provide updates on the business development activities and resolve business challenges.
- Identify and attend relevant trade events and conferences related to Electronic-Scrap and similar industries to understand market trends.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the current capabilities, gaps, and desired state of competencies for the team. Work with the HR in developing relevant learning curriculum to address the team’s needs
- Establish clear organizational structures aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities
- Manage personal development for all staff within the team in line with Company’s growth plans.
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the external facing functions and across the team.
- Manage suppliers and clients’ information and ensure that they are updated in the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Develop and drive overdues collection strategies (if any) from delinquent clients and suppliers.
- Any other ad-hoc duties related to the role.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in business studies / any other related field of study.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with similar capacity or adjacent industries.
- Willingness to travel overseas.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin to ensure seamless communication with colleagues in our Chinese counterparts.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Tenacity to succeed and goal driven.