Assistant Chemist / Lab Technician
- Permanent, Full Time
- Fresh/entry level
- 1 Years of Experience
Roles & Responsibilities
- Procurement and placement of all consumables, equipment and fixtures.
- Preparation of chemical reagents, ICP-OES calibration working standards.
- Preparation of precious metals laden samples from spent auto catalysts, electronic scrap, gold refining etc.
- Testing of routine samples and analysis of test data.
- General maintenance of equipment and housekeeping of the Laboratory.
- Assist the team in completing any empirical publication and creation of industrial standards when required.
- Assist with the application and maintenance of all necessary governmental licenses related to the laboratory.
- Assist with the application and renewal of the laboratory’s ISO certification.
- Assist to drive the identification of testing and analytical methodologies for the testing and refining of base and precious metals from electronic waste and jewelleries.
- Development of company’s Standard Operating Procedures for the testing and analysis.
- Procurement of equipment required to carry out the above work
- Assist in preparing and maintaining budget for the procurement of consumables.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by the management.
- Minimum Polytechnic Diploma qualification in Chemistry.
- Knowledge in processing E-Waste would be an added advantage.