Executive Assistant / Asst. Chief of Staff
- 2.8 PENJURU TECH HUB, 8 PENJURU PLACE 608780
- Permanent, Full Time
- Senior Executive
- 5 Years of Experience
- Application Closing Date : 09/03/2021
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Executive Assistant/ Assistant CoS provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship and helps to manage the day-to-day affair of an organisation.
He or she will offer recommendation on staffing and how to measure progress and should hold several different responsibilities
The Executive Assistant/Assistant CoS will help lead and support the entire staff and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters and serves as a liaison to senior management teams.
The Executive Assistant/ Assistant CoS must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant/ Assistant CoS will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Managing including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the Managing Director’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the MD’s time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Managing Director
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Managing Director and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the Managing Director to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Managing Director updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Managing Director, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Managing director’s ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format. Senior Management Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and allstaff meetings
• Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
• Ensures that the Managing Director’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the MD and the organization in general
• Follows up on contacts made by the Managing and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives,
• Business consulting experience is a plus with experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.